THE DOMESTIC MAN
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees. Lightly butter, or line 16 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a deep bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Then in the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, cream the butter and xylitol until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth. Beat in the vanilla extract. Add hot water and then add the flour mixture and beat only until incorporated.
- Separate your mixture into two bowls.
- Add cocoa powder to one bowl and mix for a further few seconds until all mixed in.
- Fill each muffin cup two-thirds full with one spoon if each batter and use a knife to cut a figure of 8 throughout the centre to combine it but not mix the colonies. Bake for about 20 minutes or until risen, springy to the touch, and a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Blend cream cheese, vanilla and almond essence and stevia until smooth. Desperate into two bowls. Add cocoa to second bowl and blend further.
- Pipe or spread two colors and decorate.
- Melt all the ingredients in a double boiler
- Pour in mould
- Drop some coconut, nuts or caramel in the centre of each mould.
- Pop in the fridge until firm!
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees
- Mix together and let to stand for 10 minutes.
- Spread out thinly in a baking tray lined with sprayed parchment paper
- You can use parchment paper at the bottom and another sheet on top to roll out with a rolling pin.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 40 min turning tray once or twice
- If you are using a silicon baking sheet it takes an hour.
- Allow to cool, crack into pieces and dip in delicious dips or use as a cracker bread.
- For a sweeter version you can also take a 1/4 of the mixture and mix with a little honey and cinnamon and bake in small tray. Yummy!!!
- Burns easily so watch carefully.