Ingredients 1 cup ripe banana, mashed 2 cups carrots, grated ½ cup maple syrup or honey ½ cup coconut oil (or butter), melted 4 eggs 2 cups almond flour OR Self-raising gluten free flour (then only add 1 teaspoon of baking soda) OR 1 cup almond flour and 1 cup gluten free flour 2 teaspoons cinnamon 2 teaspoons baking soda 1 teaspoon vanilla ½ cup coconut (optional) 1/3-1/2 cup organic raisins (optional) ¼ cup walnuts, finely chopped (optional) Optional icing 8-ounce (226grams) cream cheese, room temperature 2 cups powdered sugar ½ cup butter, room temperature 1 teaspoon vanilla Dash of cinnamon & nutmeg (optional) Drop of milk Method 1. Preheat oven to 180°C. 2. Grease and flour a bundt pan or use a muffin pan. 3. In a mixing bowl, mix together banana, maple syrup, coconut oil and eggs until well mixed. 4. Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda and vanilla. Mix well. Add carrots and coconut. Stir in until combined. Stir in raisins and walnuts. 5. Pour into prepared pan. 6. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean OR into muffin pan and bake for 15-20 min 7. Allow to cool completely 8. For the icing (optional): Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla and spices (if using), beat until combined. Very gradually add a drop of milk until you reach the right creamy consistency (be careful to add a very little at a time!)
THE DOMESTIC MAN
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees. Lightly butter, or line 16 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a deep bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Then in the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, cream the butter and xylitol until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth. Beat in the vanilla extract. Add hot water and then add the flour mixture and beat only until incorporated.
- Separate your mixture into two bowls.
- Add cocoa powder to one bowl and mix for a further few seconds until all mixed in.
- Fill each muffin cup two-thirds full with one spoon if each batter and use a knife to cut a figure of 8 throughout the centre to combine it but not mix the colonies. Bake for about 20 minutes or until risen, springy to the touch, and a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Blend cream cheese, vanilla and almond essence and stevia until smooth. Desperate into two bowls. Add cocoa to second bowl and blend further.
- Pipe or spread two colors and decorate.
- Melt all the ingredients in a double boiler
- Pour in mould
- Drop some coconut, nuts or caramel in the centre of each mould.
- Pop in the fridge until firm!
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees
- Mix together and let to stand for 10 minutes.
- Spread out thinly in a baking tray lined with sprayed parchment paper
- You can use parchment paper at the bottom and another sheet on top to roll out with a rolling pin.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 40 min turning tray once or twice
- If you are using a silicon baking sheet it takes an hour.
- Allow to cool, crack into pieces and dip in delicious dips or use as a cracker bread.
- For a sweeter version you can also take a 1/4 of the mixture and mix with a little honey and cinnamon and bake in small tray. Yummy!!!
- Burns easily so watch carefully.