Ways of making a child feel entitled:
- Buy him everything he wants.
- Make sure both siblings have everything exactly the same.
- Be sure to respond to ‘It’s not fair!’ by giving in or equalising the situation.
- Buy everyone presents on birthdays.
- Have a ‘Whatever I do for the one, I MUST do for the other one’ mentality.
- Buy ’things’ to replace spending time together. Give in to whining/pleading/nagging/tantrums.
- Show your child you feel guilty.
- Allow your child to manipulate you.
- Manipulate your child instead of disciplining him.