Marble cup cake with cream cheese frosting
½ cup (50 grams) cocoa powder
1 cup (240 ml) boiling hot water
90grams coconut flour
90grams almond flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup or 200 grams of xylitol
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Cream cheese icing
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees. Lightly butter, or line 16 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a deep bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Then in the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, cream the butter and xylitol until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth. Beat in the vanilla extract. Add hot water and then add the flour mixture and beat only until incorporated.
- Separate your mixture into two bowls.
- Add cocoa powder to one bowl and mix for a further few seconds until all mixed in.
- Fill each muffin cup two-thirds full with one spoon if each batter and use a knife to cut a figure of 8 throughout the centre to combine it but not mix the colonies. Bake for about 20 minutes or until risen, springy to the touch, and a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
250g full fat cream cheese either Philadelphia or Woolworth is best.
2 heaped tablespoons of cocoa powder.
3ml of vanilla essence
1 drop of almond essence (optional)
2ml of xylitol/stevia liquid
- Blend cream cheese, vanilla and almond essence and stevia until smooth. Desperate into two bowls. Add cocoa to second bowl and blend further.
- Pipe or spread two colors and decorate.
Tags: Baking, cream cheese, Cup cake